What is the PicoSure Pro Laser?
The PicoSure Pro laser is a laser treatment with the latest revolution in pico-second technology—operating at one trillionth of a second—to address a diverse range of concerns with a high success rate compared to traditional lasers. The PicoSure Pro offers advanced tattoo removal with the PressureWave™ technology, which works with your body to remove unwanted ink without harming the surrounding skin.
The PicoSure Pro is suitable for all skin tones and types and has minimal to no downtime, providing powerful results and requiring fewer sessions than traditional tattoo laser options.
Start treating these today with the PicoSure Pro:
- Tattoo Removal
- Multicoloured Tattoos
- Hard-to-remove black ink
- Stubborn, previously treated tattoos.
- Skin Revitalization
- Pigmentation Concerns
- Wrinkles and Fine Lines
- Acne Scars
Is there any downtime with the PicoSure Pro?
Typically, the PicoSure Pro for Skin Revitalization has minimal to no downtime. Patients may experience temporary redness and swelling at the treatment site, which typically resolves in a couple of hours following the procedure.
How many treatments will I need to see results?
The number of treatments needed is dependent on variables such as ink characteristics, size of the tattoo, location on the body, and lifestyle habits. Treatments typically occur every 6-8 weeks.
At Stratica Dermatology, we offer complimentary consultations with our expert nurse injectors to discuss your unique needs and develop a personalized treatment plan. They can discuss your goals and guide the number of sessions required for the best outcome. To book a free consultation, click here.
Are the treatments painful?
The Pico Laser’s ultra-short pulses generate minimal heat, reducing potential damage to surrounding tissues and leading to decreased discomfort throughout the procedure. Although pain tolerance varies among individuals, the majority of patients typically describe only mild to moderate discomfort during Pico Laser treatments.
How should I prepare for my treatment?
To prepare for your appointment, it is important to adhere to the following pre-care guidelines (Skin Revitalization and Tattoo Removal):
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Apply broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to the area before and after treatment. Reapply every 2 hours when exposed to the sun.
- Arrive to your treatment without any makeup, creams, or oils.
- Inform your provider if you have ever had cosmetic tattoos, cosmetic pigmentation, or permanent makeup applied near the treatment area.
During your initial laser consultation, your provider will guide you with detailed pre-treatment care instructions with your healthcare provider to ensure optimal results and a smooth experience.
What is the PicoSure Pro’s Aftercare Instructions?
For Skin Revitalization and Tattoo Removal, it is important to adhere to the following post-care guidelines:
- Clean the treated area at least twice daily with water or mild cleanser, then pat gently to dry.
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- If crusting/scabbing occurs, do not pick at the treated area. Apply moisturizer to the area 2-3 times a day.
- Small breakouts post-treatment are normal and will resolve with time.
- Avoid contact sports or any other activity that could cause injury to the treated area.
- Avoid swimming, soaking, or using hot tubs or saunas until the skin heals.
- To alleviate discomfort, use cold packs or compress every two hours for 10 minutes. You may also take over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen.
For Tattoo Removal, please refer to the following additional post-care guidelines:
- Apply a non-stick pad over the tattoo until it is healed.
- After cleansing and while the skin is still moist, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor® ointment to the treated tattoo.
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the area pre- & post-treatment every 2 hours when exposed to the sun.
- Clean the area daily with mild cleanser and water and pat dry.
- Do not shave the treated area if crusting is evident
- Avoid sun exposure between treatments. If sun exposure is unavoidable, apply SPF 30+ to protect exposed, treated areas.
- Apply moisturizers for sensitive skin as needed.
- If blisters occur, apply Aquaphor ointment three times a day. Do not swim in pools or hot tubs until the affected area is healed.
Tattoo Removal Before and Afters
Why Choose Stratica Dermatology for CO2 Laser Edmonton?
Choosing Stratica Dermatology for PicoSure Pro Laser in Edmonton has many compelling reasons. Our clinic is staffed by a team of highly skilled and experienced nurse providers working under the guidance of expert dermatologists, ensuring that you receive top-notch care and personalized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs. With over 10 years of experience in laser and cosmetic dermatology, our laser technicians bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise, continually updating their skills through ongoing education.
At Stratica Dermatology, we prioritize safety and efficacy, employing top-quality laser devices and advanced techniques to achieve the results you desire. We are dedicated to creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for our patients, fostering a positive experience from the initial consultation to post-treatment care. To ensure optimal results, our team ensures that your treatment is tailored to your unique skin needs.
Whether you’re looking to address fine lines, tattoos, or pigmentation concerns, our committed team at Stratica Dermatology is here to deliver exceptional results and help you achieve your aesthetic goals with confidence.
Book your appointment
At Stratica, we emphasize a rejuvenated and confident you. We want to find a personalized approach to your skin goals and emphasize your desired results. Book your free consultation today to discuss with one of our expert providers to learn how filler treatments fit into your aesthetic goals.
Stratica Dermatology – Your Skin, Made Healthy